Friday, July 6, 2018

Vintage Teal Cream Dress


I mentioned in a previous post how much I love vintage items. It all started with my mom’s clothes from back in the day. As I child I would put on her dress clothes in hopes of one day making my own dresses. That aspiration has not died and I have made a few vintage styled dresses, tops and jackets.

Here is one of moms dresses I have adored for years. It is a teal and cream cotton jacquard with silver metallic. Mom calls it the green dress.
 
OMG Stunning!!!!
Despite taking this photo at night
 

I always wondered when looking at vintage dresses where people were going? Where did they get it? What was the designer thinking when they crafted the dress?

Most of these questions I may not get an answer to except mom said she was going to a party in the 60s. I can understand that, I do not see this dress as one to sit around the house... It is way to beautiful. Well I hope she had a great time. I know I am having a ball imagining a grand venue and people decked out to the nines!

Thanks for reading and I will talk to you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment