Monday, July 23, 2018

Mint & White Cold Shoulder Top


In my last post, I spoke about some of my go to patterns that have never let me down. I also showed you some pictures of outfits that I made recently from those patterns.  They are pretty and cool in my opinion and oh so summer ready.  One top in particular was a mint and white top that I call my mint mosaic. It's a  light, non-sheer, flowy panel like fabric that had a very large repeat, so one panel I used for the front and one for the back. This top has open arm sleeves, reminiscent of the cold shoulder trend going on right now.  I made this top because I like my outfits to be a little bit different like me. They standout, are not sold in stores and have originality built in. Sidebar…That’s how I like my customers to feel when they shop my stores and boutiques. I design and make things you don’t see everywhere and it’s personal, fun and special.  
For instance, the fabric I used on the top is a light cotton poly blend made by John Kaldor Fabrics UK. John Kaldor is an Australian art collector, philanthropist, and the founder of Kaldor Public Art Projects with several companies in the UK. I found his fabric while shopping one day and I promised I would make a top out of it and I did. I had the fabric for about a year and when spring hit this year. I felt the color for summer was going to be minty or pastel-y . Well Pantone said the color was a purple and that’s fine I like that color too, but also the summer trend was starting and it was pastels. Yasss!!!! The top was already complete and I couldn't wait to wear it out or sell it. I decided to wear it, I love it, it got rave reviews and I’m glad the idea I had came to be. The good thing is like I mentioned before, for this idea and pattern I did not have to start from scratch as the pattern was already made, all I had to do was add some fabric, thread, love and it came together with the help of my singer machine.
Here is the top again


 
If you would like me to make this top for you just let me know. I do have to say I am all out of this fabric but I have a lot more colors and patterns you can choose from. Shoot me a message here or on Etsy, it’s that Easy.
www.etsy.com/shop/lanaedesignz
 

No comments:

Post a Comment