Saturday, July 1, 2017

Floral

If you have ever looked at my Instagram or my Facebook pages, you can tell I love flowers. So it’s not a surprise I find fabric other than lace that has flowers. This year it seems to be craze. I have been using it for years and I don’t really plan on stopping. The thing is when you make clothes you can make yours different than what is sold in stores. And that’s usually what I do for myself and my clients.

Here’s the fabric, a light-weight cotton jersey.

Here’s the lace, a sheer and sparkly navy floral lace.

Let’s marry them

I’ll show you the top and bottom later in this post. I did mention in an earlier post I was addicted to lace. See it continues lol.






The pattern I used for the lace top is one I’ve had for a while. I wanted to use it and I figured these pants with this top would make a nice addition to my summer wardrobe. Butterick 4988 without the extra trim on the sleeves. I didn’t do the scalloped hemline as this lace doesn’t exactly have the bottom for it. Had the lace flowers been a closer pattern to allow it, I would have done it. Well that leaves room for me to do this pattern again.

The pants are a McCalls pattern 6404a, they suggested stretch knits, which is fine I wanted some light pants almost leggings for summer. So I went at it. The pattern was pretty easy. Next time I would take out the pockets as I don’t really like them but they don’t really show with the top. Otherwise it is fun and breathable for this hot summer we have had.

Well there is more sewing going on here so please stay tuned and thanks for reading, talk to you soon.

Thanks for reading, talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment