Saturday, July 7, 2012

Do authors get stage fright?


Entering the preliminary stage of “coming out of the closet” whatever your closet holds … It has cocooned me, my thoughts and my emotions. Popping out and diving head first into the outside world… is an unambiguous way to perceive the situation. However once one leaves the proverbial closet you’ve …you entered into another which you can stay, retreat back to your prior closet or again venture out of the newly recognized enclosure.

With that said check out a few things I've been working on in my closet. Nervous at how it would be perceived, a seamstress I am with a deep hankering for fashion, crafts, colors, vintage and most of all the freedom to express myself.

Not all the garments have recognized patterns attached to them; some are deviations from original designs.

I introduce a Tom and Linda Platt design I chose from Vogue 1283. I like that it’s not a regular dress with just two side seams. I like the detail of the gathers.

 

 I added a bit of eye candy - red rubies to the gathered front seam.


On the back I did not add any embellishments; I just extended the gathers right up the back unlike the pattern said.
I like the fit and the material. I chose stretch knit cotton of some sort. I know it’s soft and light and has a nice flow.
 
Overall I would love to make this dress again but something is telling me to switch it up a bit. Well we'll see!!!

1 comment: